Happy December all! I am writing this as I watch the first snowfall of the season in Chicago. I am definitely missing the Vegas sunshine that I had while on Thanksgiving vacation!
Here are the art and creative things I saw/did this month.
- Saw a lot of great murals in Downtown Vegas. If you ever find yourself there make sure to check out the Arts District
- Discovered the Art Supplies Posse podcast and I am so happy! I worked at an art store for a few years during college and I love talking about supplies. I found out about this podcast through Kathy Weller's instagram when she shared that she was on an interview on the podcast.
- Checked out the clothing line launch of Pintl + Keyt at the Greenheart Shop in Old Town. Such beautiful patterns and fabric!
- Attended the Day Job/Night Job/Art Job talk put on by Chicago Artist Resource. It was more geared towards artists who make most/all their money from their art, but I still enjoyed the discussion (I have a day job and do art on the side).
- Went to Alexee McNulty's art opening at Reed's Local in Avondale. She had beautiful abstracts and pop culture pieces as well as prints of her work for sale. I picked up a print as part of my Christmas shopping.
Here are some photos from the month, enjoy!